Team Jack 4 Mayor got 110 votes.

When the counting began, I felt like a flop, but soon realised the learning gains, and then felt quite guilty for allowing it to be all about me for those hours. Sorry!

This morning, the Taxpayers Union thanked me for sending the photo of my last STOP 3 Waters banner, which found its place two nights before election day, on Bluff's main street. I responded ---

Has made no difference though.

I worked so hard, and already the new mayor Nobby Clark is talking like he will just accept whatever central government does to hurt us.

I was the one who would fight.

--- and then I clicked as to how ignorant I was being. 110 voters weren't wrong.


I acknowledge my supporters with all my love and wish you well.
It was pretty cool that you voted for our nation's hope and our immediate potential for positive progression locally. 

Pretty cool is putting it mildly.   
110 votes is awesome! 
If I couldn't be the mayor for us, then that many votes is more than I could have imagined.
To my mind, it was either zero votes or to become the mayor.

As per usual, I had a pressing personal question during the weeks of my campaign.
It was a question which was in the back of my mind and came to the fore this morning. 

Who/what kind of people would possibly form a small group which could potentially send myriads of connections out for political good? There has to be a core requirement, a place of quietude amongst the mess of politics, otherwise all this effort is a waste. 
What is it? 
I got my answer.

It's not a bottom line.
It's a nucleus.

Statistically, there must be at least a few out there, amongst us who voted for the most political hope, who might like to be in touch.

Realistically, it was never going to happen that I became our mayor (I did know that - I'm not stupid I'll have you know) but realistically there are quite a few of us who live - in quiet action - our ethics, positivity and common sense.

Media was watching us, and marveling about how normal and sane we are.
Just that in itself gives me enough laughs to keep me going.

I had requested of Stuff, What's on Invers and One News for a latter stage interview, bearing in mind that we had seen one offs on other candidates, putting me in the 'odd man out' place.
No responses. 
I felt there was no need to ask of the ODT, as Steve Muir was following my blog anyway and he's a nice fellow. I reckoned he would have put in a word to the other Steve if he wanted.
Voting is not only about the ballot tick.
Who knows how many were stepping up to the line of truth and teetering there?

I consider it pure joy my brethren that mainstream media left me alone sneering wise!

Here's my text to One News -

Morena Gerrard,
It seems a lifetime ago that I whispered, "no comment" when you rang the avo of my registration in the mayoral race.
My words have strengthened since then!
Did lots of footwork, connecting as widely as possible.
Also, I ran a public campaign diary.
From my experience, it seems the public would appreciate some attention on my mayoral bid even though it's late in the campaign. It couldn't do any harm?
Kia ora


What's on Invers
snub this time was undeniable. (I had been in contact earlier too and had given them the benefit of the doubt).
Mike Sanford ignored my inquiry about paying for an opinion piece (like the one I saw of Tom Campbell.)

The old boys' network has far reaching tentacles in the minds of even younger Kiwis.

But, we ran a positive happy campaign. That's everything, and perhaps this bodes well.
I doubt I could have said that if our vote count was very low.

Cheeers, dear supporters
Thank you
Kia ora
Jacqueline Walter

Popular posts from this blog